by Patti LuPone
"Patti's story had me from the moment I turned to page one of the prologue until the absolutely triumphant final chapter....She tells it like it is, warts and all. And by the time I finished reading the last chapter, I found myself giving Patti a standing ovation in the privacy of my very own living room."
- Entertainment Weekly "In her autobiography, LuPone, with characteristic wit and theatrical humor, recounts her life story, both when she was feeling like Les Miserables and when everything was coming up roses."
- Liz Smith, The Women on the Web "Every aspiring actor needs to read Patti LuPone's saga...In this book, she is hard-hitting, funny, candid, truthful and she bursts off the page as the same dynamo we often see onstage."
- USA Today "Though personal and professional battles are charted, the tone is, like LuPone's conversational style, more chatty than catty, littered with earthy, often self-effacing humor...[A] mix of frankness and warmth."
- Angela Lansbury "Patti LuPone, with honesty and humor, gives a brave and candid account of an astonishingly unique and brilliant performer's journey to reach Broadway stardom."
- Alec Baldwin "For some rare performers, there is a place beyond commercial success, popularity with audiences, and honors within an industry. A special place where they are both respected and adored--even envied--by other performers for their wealth of talent. These are actors who sing, as opposed to singers who act. They bring an actor's range of thought about character and truth and psychology. Among them, none has more talent, more courage, and more emotive power than Patti LuPone. When Patti LuPone comes on stage, you don't always know what will happen, but you know it will be among the greatest work by any stage actress in theatre, ever. Ever. As everyone in our business knows, Patti...is Patti."
- Joe Mantegna "One way we differ from other countries is we have no history of royalty....except on Broadway. Hail to the Queen! I love you like a sister Patti, and your memoir is one befitting the majesty of who you are."
- Pittsburgh Post-Gazette "Ms. LuPone's voice and passion come through loud and clear. The book contains the same no-holds-barred attitude with which she attacks a role."
- Broadway.com "Patti LuPone: A Memoir is a not-to-be-missed treat."
- Library Journal "This honest look at the trials and tribulations of making it as a Broadway star will be of interest to aspiring actors and those who love musical theater."
- Booklist "Award-winning actress LuPone shares the story of her life in the theater in this intimate and frank memoir... Patti chronicles her professional and personal life with relish. LuPone's many fans will appreciate the insightful look at her career-defining roles in Evita, Les Misérables, and more. In these sections, LuPone chronicles her process for achieving these iconic performances in great depth and offers a frank perspective on the often unseemly business side of the theatrical world... LuPone ultimately reveals her deeply felt passion for theater and music."
PublisherBooks on Tape
OverDrive MP3 AudiobookRelease date:
OverDrive WMA AudiobookRelease date:
Digital Rights Information+
OverDrive MP3 AudiobookBurn to CD:PermittedTransfer to device:PermittedTransfer to Apple® device:PermittedPublic performance:Not permittedFile-sharing:Not permittedPeer-to-peer usage:Not permittedAll copies of this title, including those transferred to portable devices and other media, must be deleted/destroyed at the end of the lending period.
OverDrive WMA AudiobookBurn to CD:Not permittedTransfer to device:Permitted (3 times)Transfer to Apple® device:PermittedPublic performance:Not permittedFile-sharing:Not permittedPeer-to-peer usage:Not permittedAll copies of this title, including those transferred to portable devices and other media, must be deleted/destroyed at the end of the lending period.